If you’re looking for the best SD Card for Mavic Mini or the best SD Card For DJI Mini 2 then this is the perfect article for you as we’ll show you our review on multiple different cards and tell you exactly which ones you should go for depending on their quality & price.
You can either pick UHS-1 Cards which are cheaper but also slower at transferring the footage to your computer or UHS-2 which are about 2 to 3x faster than UHS-1 at transferring the footage but are also a bit more expensive.
Before we proceed some info on the DJI Mavic Mini / DJI Mini 2:
The Mavic Mini has been a top seller for the past 3 to 4 years ever since it was released, one of its key features is how small & compact this drone is which allows it to fly in areas where normal-sized drones are not allowed, as well as fitting in a lot of tight places. The inbuilt camera is top-notch and allows the driver to later review the footage if you have installed an SD Card.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single card before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested, while others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
Top 5 Best SD Card For Mavic Mini & DJI Mini 2
|Card||Write Speed||Read Speed||Check Price|
|Lexar Professional 1066x UHS-I||120 Mb/s||160 Mb/s|
|SanDisk Extreme UHS-I||90 Mb/s||160 Mb/s|
|Samsung EVO Plus UHS-I||90 Mb/s||100 Mb/s|
|ADATA Premier One UHS-II||270 Mb/s||290 Mb/s|
|Delkin Devices Power UHS-II||250 Mb/s||300 Mb/s|
As you can see above, those are the top 5 best performing cards we’ve reviewed out of all the cards we tested, if you pick any of them I’m sure you’ll be satisfied with the results, however, if you’re still not convinced, we’ll go into further detail on each of them so you know what to expect when buying one of them.
- Professional performance for action cameras, drones, and Android smartphones
- UHS-I technology is used to deliver read speeds of up to 160MB/s (1066x)
- Quickly grab high-quality videos and long stretches of Full-HD and 4K UHD video.
- Load applications faster thanks to the blazing A2 pace.
- Built for long-term use in extreme environments.
- The card has limited lifetime product support and the adapter has a one-year warranty.
A professional performer. With up to 160Mb/s read speeds, and a 1066x class rating, the Lexar Professional 1066x UHS-I delivers blockbuster performance with your drone camera.
Loaded with superb speed, this card provides more time for capturing incredible photos and video while still giving you plenty of room for editing personal media.
Designed to go anywhere and work under any conditions, it’s no wonder these cards are a favorite among even extreme athletes like pro surfers who need them for 4K surfing footage.
The adapter has limited lifetime product support.
- Read speeds of up to 160MB/s to save time when transferring high-resolution images and 4K UHD videos (2); Compatible devices capable of achieving such speeds are needed.
- Write speeds of up to 90MB/s for fast shooting; Compatible devices capable of achieving such speeds are needed.
- Total HD and 4K UHD UHS speed class 3 (U3) and video speed class 30 are available (V30)
- A2 for quicker loading times and in-app results
- Built for and tested in rugged environments: Temperature resistance, water resistance, shock resistance, and x-ray resistance are all features of this product.
- Download the SanDisk Memory Zone software for simple file management (available on Google Play)
- Manufacturer lifetime guarantee
Built for premium needs, SanDisk Extreme UHS-I USB flash drives are ready to deliver speeds of up to 160MB/s. They are compatible with the latest devices capable of achieving such speeds, and also offer preloaded software that helps users transfer data quickly.
Built to resist temperatures from -13°F/-25°C to 185°F / 85 °C; water resistant; shock proof; x ray-resistant. Now featuring A2 (quicker loading times) and video speed class 30 (V30).
- With class 10 and U3 compatibility, the read and write speeds will go up to 95 MB/s and 90 MB/s, respectively; a full-size SD adapter is included.
- Free up space on your computers by using the largest storage and fastest read/write speeds in Samsung’s class, which is ideal for full HD video.
- The EVO Plus, which comes with 4-proof security, can survive up to 72 hours in seawater, high temperatures, airport X-ray machines, and magnetic fields equal to an MRI scanner.
- Evo plus, with its astounding consistency and dependability, enables you to conserve and treasure life’s riches.
- Restricted 10-year warranty
The Samsung EVO Plus has a significant read and write speed of 95 MB/s and 90 MB/s respectively; its 4-proof security protects photos, videos, games, music files, etc.
It’s ideal for full HD video because it is compatible with class 10 and U3.
Free up space on your drone camera by using the largest storage space possible with Evo plus which is water-resistant (able to survive up to 72 hours in seawater), heat resistant (able to operate without decay at temperatures up to 85 degrees Celsius) magnetic field resistant (suitable for airport X-ray machines as well as MRIs). This dependability ensures that you’re conserving all of life’s riches.
- SD 4.0 UHS-II standard and the most recent V90 Video Speed Class are supported.
- Max read speeds of up to 290MB/s, which is three times faster than UHS-I cards. * Maximum speeds are only possible when combined with UHS-II compliant computers. *
- Ultra HD 8K, 4K, and 3D/VR 3D MLC NAND Flash are supported for increased longevity and reliability.
- Compatible for all UHS-II and UHS-I devices
- Warranty for the rest of your life
ADATA Premier One UHS-II is an SD 4.0 UHS-II card that provides a read speed of up to 290MB/s, and supports Ultra HD 8K,4K, 3D/VR 3D MLC NAND Flash for increased reliability. With ADATA’s warranty for the rest of your life you can be sure the data secures itself with every purchase.*
ADATA Premier One UHS-II offers professional use with speeds of up to 290 MBps when paired with compatible devices*. The increased lifespan ensures long-term worry-free storage and video quality output without the need for change.
- Uninterrupted 8K, 4K, 3D, HDR, 360º & High-Speed Recording
- Specialized for Simultaneous Recording
- Read/Write Speeds: 300/250 MB/s
- UHS-II Video Speed Class 90 (V90)
- Water/Shock/X-Ray Proof
Transport your footage with reliable, high-speed memory cards. Delkin Devices Power UHS-II SDHC works in the most uncompromising conditions to ensure that your content gets where it needs to go without interruption.
DJI Mini 2 & Mavic Mini SD Card Buying Guide.
SD memory cards are very simple to obtain and there are many to pick from; but, as we are discussing unique ones, there are three items I would like to highlight here:
- It is preferable not to use any micro SD cards that are not on the recommended list. They can work at first, but there may be problems later. According to my experience working with DJI, the TechReviewTeam thoroughly tested each one before adding it to the list.
- These 2 cameras can shoot 2.7k videos at 30fps, a 64G card can hold roughly 3 hours of film, and 32Gb can hold nearly 1.5 hours.
- For the majority of new pilots, there is no need to choose a big one such as 128G or 256G. The 32Gb or 64Gb models would suffice. If you are concerned that the capacity would be insufficient, you can purchase two 64Gb instead of one 128G card. Furthermore, the 16G variant is not recommended due to its limited size.
Does my DJI Mini 2 or Mavic Mini already come with an SD Card?
No, it does not, they don’t come with any built-in cards, that’s why it’s recommended to buy one (or a few if you wanna save a lot of footage in them). These 2 cameras also have no internal storage which means that without an SD Card you cannot keep/store anything.
What Is the SD Card Compatibility of the DJI Mini 2 or Mavic Mini?
SD cards with UHS-I Speed Class 3 or higher are needed for both of them. A UHS Speed Class 3 has a writing speed of at least 30MB/s, so you must ensure that the write speed of the Micro SD card you use meets this requirement.
What Is The Max Card Size for the Mavic Mini or DJI Mini 2 ?
The Max size is 256Gb.
What Do You Do If Your SD Card Gives An Error Saying That It’s Not Available?
If you get an ‘sd card unavailable‘ error after loading it on your Mavic Mini, you should try the following methods to overcome it:
1) Check if the SD cards you’re using are compliant. A compliant SD card’s write speed should be at least 30 MB/s. It is advised that you only choose from DJI’s chart.
2) If your SD card is in the list but still does not run, try formatting it with the DJI Fly app. If you format your machine, make sure to choose the FAT32 format type.
The majority of pilots who experienced this mistake resolved the issue by using products from the prescribed list.
How To Install The Sd Card On The Camera/Drone?
To insert an SD card on the DJI Mavic Mini, first locate the entry port. It’s at the bottom of the plane. Prepare your SD card, and slide it into the SD card slot before you hear a pop. Make sure the badge hand is facing up.
What SD Card Format Do Those 2 Cameras Support?
A DJI Mavic Mini compliant product is formatted in FAT32. If you need to format your SD card on a PC or Mac, make sure you choose the correct format.