The Wyze Cam is one of the world’s most used surveillance & security cameras and it’s marketed as the best wireless smart home camera in the market, and honestly, it does its job just fine and with much higher image quality than many of its competitors.
To be able to watch your footage though, you want to set up an SD card for your Wyze cam so that you can go through the footage at any time, as such it is recommended to get one with a decent amount of storage.
It may seem scary to pick one if you’re not familiar with the brands & models and that’s what we’re here for, we will help you pick the best SD Card for Wyze Cam that fits your needs.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single product before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested, while others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
Top 3 Best SD Card For Wyze Cam
You just can’t go wrong with this one, it’s from a great distinguished brand “SanDisk” and from our experience its speed & overall quality is just great.
Although it’s the 32GB SD Card, we generally suggest you get at least a 64gb+ (if possible even a 128GB) since it will allow for longer recordings to be saved & reviewed later on as well as not requiring the card to be wiped/changed as often.
- 32GB Storage Capacity.
- Read speed of up to 95MB/s and a write speed of up to 90MB/s
- UHS-I/V30/U3/Class 10 – Meets the latest UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) specifications for 4K UHD.
- Temperature proof, waterproof, shockproof, and x-ray proof; designed for harsh environments.
Whether freezing temps are attacking, wetness spoils the mission or damage endures daily life’s pitfalls; these super-tough cards will stand up for your treasured moments without a hitch. With speeds of 95MB/s (reads) and 90MB/s (writes), capturing every special second just got faster than ever before so don’t wait until it’s too late.
The SanDisk family offers performance levels designed specifically for professional photographers or video recorders.
Samsung is well known throughout the world for its top-notch quality, it excels at everything, and SD Cards are no exception.
- ULTRA-FAST READING AND WRITING SPEEDS: Speeds of up to 100MB/s read and 30MB/s write big video files are handled easily and smoothly
- IMPROVED ENDURANCE: Continuous recording that lasts up to 25 times longer than speed-focused cards has long-lasting, best-in-class longevity of up to 43,800 hours of 4K and Full HD (1080p) recording and playback.
- RELIABILITY BUILT TO LAST: Shock-proof & its also waterproof, temperature-proof, x-ray-proof, and magnetically-proof.
The “high endurance” refers to the average amount of hours you can record, in this case, you can record far more than your average SD Card.
Designed for long-term stamina, you will record for up to 20,000 hours without worry. (Actual video hours saved is less.) It will last up to 20,000 hours for 256GB, 10,000 hours for 128GB, 5,000 hours for 64GB, and 2,500 hours for 32GB.)
- Great for dashcams and home surveillance applications.
- Temperature-proof, waterproof, shockproof, and x-ray-proof; engineered for and tested in harsh environments
- More videos can be saved with capacities of up to 256GB (1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes). Less actual consumer storage.)
- More Full HD or 4K videos(3) can be recorded and saved with capacities of up to 256GB (Compatible computer required).
- Support for Full HD (19201080) and/or 4K UHD (38402160) video can differ depending on the host computer, file attributes, user conditions, and other factors.)
The SanDisk High Endurance is a rugged drive for all your applications that may be used outdoors in rough conditions. It’s designed and tested to withstand extreme temperatures, shocks, x-rays. The 256GB capacity is perfect if you like shooting video on the go or need an extra storage device for security purposes. This rugged drive stands up to the challenges life throws at it and can store more pictures, videos and files than other devices of its size!
Why does my Wyze Cam need a SD Card?
When the camera senses motion or echo, it takes a 12-second snapshot and uploads it to the server. This picture is free to store on Wyze’s cloud for 14 days. However, 12 seconds is just long enough to see what triggered the alarm and not anything more.
You would need to buy an extra SD memory card if you wish to store continuous and uninterrupted images. The following features are included with the micro SD card:
- Continuous recording is possible.
- Files can be downloaded to the microSD card locally.
- Images of time-lapse.
With a Wyze Cam SD card, continuous recording and time-lapse footage can be used to optimize Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam Pan capabilities. Furthermore, with the microSD card attached, the video continues to record even though the Wi-Fi link is lost.
When you set the camera to record continuously, when your recording space gets full, the oldest video is deleted to make way for new recordings. The most recent video will never be lost.
What SD card size/capacity works with the WYZE Camera?
Wyze Cam usually fits well with an 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB Tier 10 microSD slot. However, the camera can recognize larger cards (64GB+) that use exFAT, and some users have indicated that their cameras fit well with SD cards up to 128GB or 250GB in size.
How to install the SD Card into my Wyze Cam?
- Unplug your Wyze Cam to avoid corrupting any recordings.
- Insert the microSD card into the camera’s slot at the right.
- If the microSD card was properly inserted, the camera would make a ding sound.
- If you do not hear the ding sound, repeat the preceding measures.