When you are picking the motherboard for your CPU, in this case, the I5 10600K, you want to decide if you are going to overclock it or not as that feature is what makes motherboards a lot more expensive (or cheaper), regardless, we will provide you the best budget motherboard for I5 10600K, for both overclocking & non-overclocking.
What to look for when choosing a motherboard for your CPU:
- If you will be overclocking, look for a motherboard with a “Z” in the name as that means it is designed to overclock.- If you do not wish to overclock then go with a B460.
- Make sure the socket matches.
- Don’t go for cheap motherboards, they can’t overclock and are usually made with low-quality materials thus possibly failing in the long term which can even spread into your other components.
Top 2 Best Budget Motherboard For I5 10600K
We will give you the feature list of each of these motherboards so you can know a bit more about them.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single Motherboard before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested. While others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
If you’ve decided to overclock, then you want to go with a Z490 as they’ll allow you to overclock but fair warning, they are quite a bit more expensive. We still suggest you to go with the Z490 since you’ve bought the unlocked Version of your CPU (K Model) thus it would be a waste to not overclock.
If you’ve decided NOT to overclock, then you want a B460 as it’s quite affordable while still providing plenty of features & it’s quite affordable.
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB (4800MHz)
- Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr delivers transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s for ultra-fast SSDs
- Core Boost technology combines optimized power circuit layouts, double CPU power connectors, and a digital power design which allows for precise and steady current delivery to the CPU
- On-board 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN with with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
Supporting up to 128GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory, and with M.2 Dual Turbo Shield, M.2 Shield, and M.2 Shield all ensuring fast SSDs across should be no worries! With CPU Boost technology plus an integrated 2.5G LAN as well as Gigabit LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2933MHz
- Core Boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- M. 2 Shield Frozr: Strengthened built-in M. 2 thermal solution. Keeps M. 2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Steel Armor: Protecting VGA cards against bending and EMI for better performance, stability and strength.
The MSI B460M-A PRO is a high-quality motherboard aimed at the gamer in you. It supports Intel Core/Pentium Celeron processors from the 10th generation for the LGA 1200 socket and DDR4 memory up to 2933MHz.
A premium layout and digital power architecture allow it to support more cores than many competitors, resulting in improved performance when handling intense workloads. The M2 shield Frozr ensures that your M2 SSD has an increased lifespan and avoids throttling, which can cause slowdowns or intermittent access points during crucial periods of gameplay. With SafeSlot on both sides and steel armor throughout this board, you have all the protection necessary to maximize gaming hours without any worry about card damage or other interferences.
What is a motherboard?
A motherboard is the foundation of a computer, and it contains all of its major components. The motherboard includes things like the central processing unit (CPU), memory chips for RAM, an expansion card slot for video cards or sound cards; as well as voltage regulators to ensure that everything operates at consistent speeds.
Most important feature of a motherboard
There are many different components on a motherboard, and the most important one to look for when purchasing one is the CPU socket type. The CPU socket will dictate what kind of processor you can put in your computer.
B460 vs Z490
The B460 is a standard ATX motherboard with support for Intel’s most popular 10th Gen processors. The Z490 is an even more powerful board that supports up to 32GB of RAM and supports CPUs from Intel 10th Gen and even from Intel 11th Gen(with a bios update).
The two boards are nearly identical in features but differ slightly in price. If you want one board to do it all without spending too much money then go with the B360 because it has everything you need BESIDES OVERCLOCKING. – Great value pick for a budget build.