When selecting a motherboard for your CPU, in this case, the I7 10700K, you should consider whether you intend to overclock it or not, as this aspect is what drives motherboard prices up (or down). Regardless, we will provide you with the best budget motherboard for I7 10700K, for both overclocking and non-overclocking.
What to look for when selecting a motherboard for your CPU:
- If you want to overclock, look for a motherboard with a “Z” in the word, as this indicates that it is built to do so.
- If you don’t want to overclock, use a B460.
- Check that the sockets fit.
- Avoid inexpensive motherboards; they cannot be overclocked and are normally made of low-quality materials, which can fail in the long run and spread to your other parts.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single product before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested. While others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
If you want to overclock, you can go for a Z490 because they encourage you to do so, but be aware that they are significantly more costly. We also recommend the Z490 because you purchased the unlocked version of your CPU (K Model) and it would be a shame not to overclock.
If you’ve opted not to overclock, a B460 is a good choice since it’s reasonably priced but also offering a lot of functionality.
Top 2 Best Budget Motherboard For I7 10700K
|MSI Z490-A PRO - The Cheapest Z490||Z490|
|MSI B460M-A PRO||B460|
We’ll go over the features of both of these motherboards so you can learn more about them.
- Supports Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors from the 10th generation for the LGA 1200 socket. (I7 10700K)
- Supports up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory (4800MHz)
- M.2 Dual Turbo Shield M.2 Shield M.2 Shield M.2 Shield M.2 Shield M. Frozr provides ultra-fast SSDs with transmission rates of up to 32 GB/s.
- Core Boost technology incorporates streamlined power circuit configurations, dual CPU power connectors, and a digital power design to provide precise and consistent current to the CPU.
- On-board 2.5G LAN as well as Gigabit LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
The MSI Z490-A PRO is a powerful workhorse that will support your business and productivity needs. With up to 128GB of DDR4 memory, Core Boost technology for overclocking, and an Intel 10th generation CPU this system offers plenty of power. M.2 SSDs with transmission rates of up to 32 GB/s are supported for fast loading times while Gigabit LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) means your speed never suffers when you’re gaming, in the office or traveling internationally on business trips.
- Supports Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors from the 10th generation for the LGA 1200 socket.
- DDR4 memory (up to 2933MHz) is supported.
- Core Boost: A premium layout and digital power architecture that allows for more cores and improved performance.
- M. 2 Shield Frozr: Increased the strength of the built-in M. 2 thermal solution. Protects M. 2SSDs thus avoiding throttling and allowing them to run faster.
- Steel Armor: VGA card protection against bending and EMI for improved performance, stability, and strength.
Featuring the greatest board for the 10th gen Intel Core processors, this workhorse will make sure you don’t have to worry about your processor slowing down or not being able to handle the task at hand.
Built with Steel Armor for hardcore gamers who want VGA protection against bending while also not experiencing any EMI interference. This built-in thermal solution is guaranteed to keep your M. 2 SSD safe from throttling in order for it to run at its top speed when needed, ensuring you never clog up your system waiting on a slow hard drive again.
MSI has also equipped their B460M-A PRO with DDR4 memory that’s capable of running up to 2933MHz so you can load all the videos without it taking forever.
What is a motherboard?
A motherboard is the backbone of a computer and houses many of its main components. The motherboard houses the central processing unit (CPU), memory chips for RAM, an expansion card slot for video cards or sound cards, and voltage regulators to ensure that everything runs at the same speed.
Most important feature of a motherboard
A motherboard contains several parts, the most significant of which is the CPU socket type, which should be considered when buying one. The CPU socket determines the kind of processor that can be installed in your machine.
B460 vs Z490
The B460 is an ATX motherboard that supports Intel’s most common 10th Generation processors. The Z490 is an even more versatile board that supports up to 32GB of RAM and CPUs from Intel’s 10th and 11th generations (with a bios update).
The specifications of the two boards are almost identical, but the prices vary marginally. If you want a single board that will do it all without breaking the bank, go for the B360 because it has everything you need to APART FROM OVERCLOCKING. Excellent choice for a low-cost build.
John has been a gamer since the early age of 7, playing a huge variety of single-player games, and MMOs, and even participating in LAN Tournaments for FPS games such as Counter-Strike Global Offensive. Ever since he found his passion in gaming & in technology in general, he has continuously increased his knowledge in software, programming & hardware and is now working at TechReviewTeam helping readers, answering questions, writing articles & reviews for the team.