The Ryzen 5 3400g was released as part of the third generation of Ryzen CPUs. The “g” Model stands for integrated graphics, which ensures that this CPU also has “decent” integrated graphics, allowing it to run games and other media programs without the need for a GPU. It’s ideal for 720p or even 1080p games that don’t need a lot of resources. However, with this kind of CPU, you’ll want to make sure you have a decent motherboard, which is what we’ll assist you with by providing a list of the best budget motherboard for Ryzen 5 3400g.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single Motherboard & CPU before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested. While others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
If you choose the Ryzen 5 3400g because you can’t afford or don’t need a separate GPU, we suggest going for a B450 or X470 motherboard; however, we will mention all of the existing chipsets that are compatible with it:
If you are not purchasing a GPU separately, you do not need to perform any powerful/extreme overclocking, so we recommend going for either the B450 or B550, which are less expensive than the X470 or X570.
If you do wish to buy a GPU separately, you can consider using an X470 or X570 because they make for more efficient and reliable overclocks, which you would most likely want to do to prevent CPU/GPU bottlenecks.
If you choose the B450 or the X470, you might have some additional work ahead of you. To function properly with the Ryzen 5 3400g, you can need to upgrade the BIOS on older motherboards based on certain chipsets. This can be stopped by purchasing one of the more recent models, such as the B550 or X570.
Top 6 Best Budget Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3400g
|MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK||B550|
|MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries||B550|
|ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus||X570|
|GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite||X570|
|ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II||B450|
|ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming||X470|
- Support for AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation processors and upcoming AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS upgrade
- Supports up to 128 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory (4866 MHz)
- Dual LAN on-board: 2.5G LAN in addition to Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting with extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors and 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio-quality music for immersive game experiences.
- High-End Thermal Solution: Aluminum cover with an extra choke thermal pad priced at 7W/MK and a PCB made of 2 ounces thickened copper.
- The flash of lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2 are all included.
- Support for AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation processors and upcoming AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS upgrade(Ryzen 5 3400g)
- Supports up to 128 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory (4400 MHz)
- The flash of lightning Experience with a Fast Game: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2 Core Boost technology incorporates programmed power circuit configurations and digital power control to provide accurate and consistent current to the CPU.
- AUDIO BOOST provides studio-grade sound clarity for immersive game experiences.
- High-End Thermal Solution: 7W/MK heatsink thermal pad and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
- The Flash BIOS Button allows users to flash the BIOS even though they do not have a CPU or memory.
- AMD is supported. Processors from the 3rd Generation Ryzen/ 2nd Generation Ryzen/ 2nd Generation Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics
- Dual-channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs 12+2 phases optical VRM solution with DrMOS Advanced heatsink architecture with extended heatsink
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with single thermal guards
- 1000 TB of memory storage space
- AMD AM4 Socket: Supports Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Generation AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- Power Design That Is Robust: The last AMD high-count-core CPUs benefit from 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and long-lasting capacitors.
- Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, various hybrid fan headers, and fan speed control with the Fan Xpert utility have an optimized thermal solution.
- The best gaming connectivity is: Supports HDMI 2.0b ([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, as well as dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), two PCIe 3.0×16 slots, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port, and two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports.
- AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology & Industry-Leading Gaming Audio: High-fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec, together with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III, immerses you in the action.
- With ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology, you can communicate clearly.
- Unrivaled Individualization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB illumination with Armoury Crate utility, including 2xRGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for even more customization.
- Do-It-Yourself Friendly: With BIOS Flashback and ASUS’s own UEFI BIOS, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM, and Pre-mount I/O shroud
- If you’re upgrading a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU, make sure your BIOS is up to date.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 and Athlon 7th generation processors to optimize bandwidth and pace with dual NVMe M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2, and Gigabit LAN
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your particular design for optimal OC efficiency and dynamic device cooling
- Unrivaled customization thanks to ASUS’s proprietary Aura Sync RGB lighting, two RGB headers, and one addressable RGB header.
- The pre-installed I/O shield simplifies installation and demonstrates ROG’s attention to detail and accuracy. ROG RAMCache II with 256 MB Flash ROM. Windows 10 64-bit operating system
- An onboard LED-illuminated architecture complements the industry-leading 8 channel HD audio powered by Japanese capacitors.
- Pre-Mounted I/O Shield, ASUS SafeSlot, and premium modules for optimum durability.
- Audio for gaming: SupremeFX S1220A collaborates with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that immerses you in the action.