Choosing the right motherboard is never easy since there are so many different ones to pick from, different models, different chipsets, different brands, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed, that’s why we’re here to help you pick the best budget motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600x by giving you a few good motherboards that we’ve personally tested and approved.
There are 2 chipsets that we suggest you focus on as they provide everything you need for your CPU, the B550, and the upgraded version, the X570.
The difference between the B550 and the X570 is that the X570 allows for more extreme overclocks & the features & components are usually a bit better than the B550.
In our opinion you should get the X570’s if you have the budget for it, even the cheapest X570 has far better features than the B550 and allows a much more stable overclock, however, B550’s are the perfect choice for you if you’re on a tight budget, just keep in mind that its features will not be as good as the X570’s nor can you overclock as much nor as stable.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single Motherboard before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested. While others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
Our Top 4 Best Budget Motherboards For Ryzen 5 5600x
|ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus||X570|
|MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE||X570|
|MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK||B550|
|ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming||B550|
We’ll now go a bit more indepth on the features of each of these motherboards.
- AMD AM4 Socket: Designed for 2nd and 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen processors(Ryzen 5 5600x) to optimize compatibility and speed with up to two M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen2, and AMD Store MI.
- Maximum reliability is provided by military-grade TUF parts, a ProCool connector, and a Digi+ VRM.
- Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert have comprehensive cooling.
- Dual PCIe 4.0m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 next-generation networking Type-A vs. Type-C
- Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2×2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard, and technology
- If you’re upgrading a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU, make sure your BIOS is up to date.
The ASUS TUF Gaming X570 is designed with AMD AM4 Socket for 2nd and 3rd Generation Ryzen processors to optimize compatibility and speed with up to two M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen2, and AMD Store MI memory end-points on the FCH die.
This X570 motherboard features an active PCH heatsink, VRM vape cooler, M.2 drive heatsinks, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert comprehensive cooling system controlled by intelligent thermal ICs!
To keep you connected over Gigabit Ethernet or Intel Wi-Fi types Type-A next-generation wireless networking are high-performance dual PCIe 4x different speeds of M.2 slots next generation (PCIe) for SSDs – instead of just one.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 2nd and 3rd Generation / (Ryzen 5 5600x) with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for the AM4 socket.
- Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11AC) on-board with mu-mimo support
- For immersive environments, combine Audio Boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 app enhancement.
- Frozr heatsink features a proprietary fan architecture, propeller blade technology, and double ball bearings.
- The pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from external electrostatic discharge disruption.
The MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE motherboard is ready for the latest AMD Ryzen processors, packs intel Wi-Fi wiring in every port, has the quickest memory bandwidth for high-frame rates and 4K gaming, and allows you the creativity boost needed to design more immersive games with Nahimic 3 intelligent audio enhancement software and Audio Boost 4.
Exclusive cooling features include a proprietary fan architecture with propeller blade technology that creates six air baffles for smoother airflow over components plus double ball bearings on its shielded metal heatsink frozr which conducts heat away quickly – all these guarantees uninterrupted frames at your highest resolutions while running some of the most intense applications and games.
- Support for AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation processors and upcoming AMD Ryzen processors(Ryzen 5 5600x) with BIOS upgrade
- Supports up to 128 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory (4866 MHz)
- Dual LAN on-board: 2.5G LAN in addition to Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting with extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors and 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio-quality music for immersive game experiences.
- High-End Thermal Solution: Aluminum cover with an extra choke thermal pad priced at 7W/MK and a PCB made of 2 ounces thickened copper.
- The flash of lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2 are all included.
A gamers dream with the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK’s support for AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation processors, DDR4 memory, built-in RGB LED lighting and Mystic Light effects, and a flash of lightning Fast Game Experience. It even includes an onboard M.2 SSD storage device to improve game loading speed from up to 9000MB/s* without any performance downgrade.
MSI puts everything in the palm of your hand with the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK motherboard!
- Cutting-edge gaming motherboard: with an AMD AM4 port, it is an ideal match for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000(Ryzen 5 5600x) and 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen CPUs.
- Improved memory: 4 memory slots support dual-channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem allowing for higher memory speeds and lower latencies.
- Data transfer rates that are out of this world: Two M.2 sockets, including the new PCIe 4.0, provide full storage space and the fastest data rates possible on the AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation platform.
- Networking for high-performance gaming: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for lightning-fast and seamless online gaming.
- Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ architecture keep the device working consistently.
- If you are upgrading a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU, please ensure that your BIOS is up to date.
Cutting-edge gaming motherboard that is an ideal match for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 and 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen CPUs. The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming caters to the professional gamer, supporting cutting edge technologies such as M.2 sockets, PCIe 4.0, WiFi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 Gb Ethernet lighting-fast data rates with combo antennas that provide world-class coverage even when moving at high speeds through obstacles such as doors and walls!
The ROG Strix B550-F Gaming has no visible wires or antenna lines on account of a hidden design purpose: to give gamers the sleekest appearance without going back on speed or performance! This system is perfect for gaming thanks to its 8-channel HD Audio and SupremeFX S1220A CODEC.