We also recommend that you watch this video:
1What CPU is best for MSFS 2020?
Ryzen 7 5800X
- AMD's fastest 8 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 16 procesing threads. OS Support-Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- Can deliver elite 100-plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Cooler not included, high-performance cooler recommended
- 4.7 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
High performance and cheap for the performance it provides, can never go wrong with this one.
- Intel® Core® i5 Deca-core (10 Core) 3.70 GHz processor offers hyper-threading architecture that delivers high performance for demanding applications with improved onboard graphics and turbo boost
- The Socket LGA-1700 socket allows processor to be placed on the PCB without soldering
- 16 MB of L3 cache rapidly retrieves the most used data available to improve system performance
- Intel 7 Architecture enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient
- Built-in Intel UHD Graphics controller for great graphics and visual quality
Also another good option if you prefer Intel over AMD.
2Is MSFS 2020 CPU or GPU intensive?
You are certainly not CPU limited, but you could also be right on the edge of being so close.
Edit: Despite the fact that the 5700XT is priced at 1440p, I’d say you’re likely to be mainly GPU limited.
3What PC specs do I need for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?
4Is Intel or AMD better for MSFS?
5How many CPU cores does MSFS 2020 use?
6What is the best graphics card for MSFS 2020?
7Does MSFS use a lot of CPU?
8Is 16GB RAM enough for MSFS?
9How good of a computer do I need for Microsoft Flight Simulator?
All of our recommended PCs in this series meet these standards with their latest counterparts.
However, making the best Microsoft Flight Simulator experience isn’t limited to processing power. If you can stretch, we also recommend finding extra gear for Flight Simulator, with accessories such as yokes and joysticks adding the missing piece of the puzzle for virtual pilots.
We’d go with the CyberPowerPC Chronos if we were to make a single recommendation for PCs.
10What graphics card do you need for Flight Simulator?
However, your computer should be able to run Microsoft Flight Simulator as intended, and to ensure a realistic simulation of the ground and skies.
As you command a fleet of planes and extensive airports around the world, the world is at your fingertips in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Fly across the entire Earth as you sail across mountains, oceans, and your own home.
11How much VRAM does MSFS 2020 use?
12What is a good frame rate for MSFS 2020?
13Is a GTX 1650 good enough for Microsoft Flight Simulator?
14Can a 3060 run Microsoft Flight Simulator?
With 24 FPS, it would be a little slow on the ultra.
In summary, the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti’s high graphics settings will be returned at 48 FPS vs. 1080p Ultra graphics at 48 FPS.