Choosing the best GPU for 1080p 240hz monitors can be a difficult task. There are many options to choose from and it’s not always clear which one will work best for you. In this blog post, we’ll list out some GPUs that will help you reach high framerates so that your monitor can reach its full potential. We will also give an overview of what is needed to run these types of displays properly so that your gaming experience is as enjoyable as possible!
For getting as many FPS as you possibly can we suggest the RTX 3090 or the RTX 3080. They will do a fantastic job for you and provide an excellent gaming experience!
If you want to save some money, we suggest going with the GTX 3060 or RTX 3060 TI or even the RTX 3070 if the budget allows. They’re still capable of running games at 1080p 240Hz perfectly fine if you use low-medium settings but they are more affordable than the RTX 3090/3080.
Top 5 Best GPU For 1080p 240Hz Monitors
|GPU||Our Opinion||Check Price|
|RTX 3090||Best graphics card in the market along with the best FPS / Price ratio.|
|RTX 3080||2nd best option no doubt.|
|RTX 3070||About 10% better than the 3060 TI according to our tests.|
|RTX 3060 TI||About 20% better than the 3060, we would 100% say this has to be the Best budget GPU. Cheap and high performance.|
|RTX 3060||Cheapest GPU we would recommend, anything less than this and it's too old / far weaker / not worth the investment.|
- Real boost clock: 1800 MHz; Memory detail: 24576 MB GDDR6X.
- Real-time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Triple HDB fans + 9 iCX3 thermal sensors offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- All-metal backplate & adjustable ARGB
- 3 year warranty & EVGA’s top notch technical support.
RTX 3090 is the newest RTX series GPU from NVIDIA. The powerful yet quiet cooling system and triple HDB fans work seamlessly with the 9 iCX thermal sensors to keep your card cool as a cucumber, or at least as close to that as can be imagined. And don’t forget about ray tracing! A real-time rendering technique for more hyper-realistic graphics in games like never before. They brought back adjustable ARGB because they know how much you all love it. RTX 3090 has got you covered on every angle…including 3 year warranty and EVGA’s top notch technical support team of course!
- Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: from NVIDIA The all-new Ampere SM carries 2X the FP32 throughput and increased power consumption as the foundation for the world’s fastest, most powerful GPU.
- RT Cores in the Second Generation: Experience twice the throughput of first-generation RT Cores, as well as concurrent RT and shading, for an entirely new level of ray tracing efficiency.
- Tensor Cores of the Third Generation
- With structural sparsity and specialized AI algorithms like DLSS, you can get up to 2X the throughput. These cores, which now support up to 8K resolution, provide a significant improvement in game performance as well as all-new AI capabilities.
- Dual Ball Fan Bearings have a lifespan that is up to double that of sleeve bearing designs. GPU Tweak II offers user-friendly performance tuning, thermal sensors, and processor tracking.
Settle in with the RTX 3080, and dream up your next big concept while you’re crushing it on this cutting-edge hardware. Play on dazzling worlds that are twice as realistic with ray tracing techniques, or dive into virtual reality with Tensor Cores for a 2x boost in performance when dealing with heavy-duty AI calculations. With support up to 8K resolution and DLSS tech that’ll give you a smoother experience, this is one graphics card you can’t afford to skip out on!
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture, with core clock speeds of 1500MHz and upgrade clock speeds of 1725MHz, helps satisfy the demands of challenging games.
- Memory for creating striking visual reality is provided by 8GB GDDR6 (256-bit) on-board memory, 5888 CUDA processing cores, and up to 448GB/sec memory bandwidth.
- PCI Express 4.0 gui – Compatible with a wide variety of applications. DisplayPort and HDMI outputs are also included for increased connectivity.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience enables you to capture and post images, screenshots, and livestreams with your colleagues. Keep your drivers up to date and your game settings optimized. It’s a must-have accessory for your GeForce graphics card.
NVIDIA offers the RTX 3070 GPU to help satisfy the demands of your challenging games. The NVIDIA Ampere architecture combined with 1550 MHz core clock speeds and 1725 MHz upgrade speeds will provide the graphical power you need for any game’s demanding high settings.
4GB GDDR6 (256-bit) on-board memory is included to maximize realism while gaming or when editing a short film, while 5888 CUDA processing cores will ensure it can achieve these numbers at all times without slowing down.
Importance of picking a good graphics card for your gaming monitor
A good graphics card can be the difference between a laggy, blurry experience and an amazing one!
I know I would never want to play on a lagging or blurry screen. It’s just not worth it for me–it ruins my entire gameplay experience. With that in mind, you should always have at least enough power behind your GPU so that even if you’re playing games like COD Warzone with all settings maxed out, there is no performance drop whatsoever.
As long as this condition is met, then any decent performing GPU will do because of how smooth 240hz monitors are able to display frames without tearing or other input delays which slow down the game load times and responsiveness.
Benefits of 240hz Monitors
240Hz monitors give you a more fluid gaming experience. This is because the refresh rate on these high-end displays allows for games to be rendered quickly and smoothly without any tearing or lag between frames, in turn making your game look smoother than ever before.
– No input lag at all
This means that there will be no delay from when you move the mouse or press keys on the keyboard until something happens on screen–you get instant response time as if you were playing an offline single-player game.
One of the best benefits of 240hz monitor technology is a reduced amount of motion blur and ghosting effects which can often ruin gameplay with long loading screens and large open spaces where enemies could come out of nowhere.
Basic knowledge on frame rates and refresh rates
Frame rates and refresh rates are two essential components of any monitor or TV. Refresh rate is the number of times per second a screen can change what’s on it so frames-per-second (or FPS) tells you how many pictures are being shown in one second. This means that for a 240Hz monitor you want to run your games at 240FPS or as close to it as possible.
What is needed to run these displays properly?
In order to get your monitor up and running to its full potential, you’ll need two things: a graphics card that has great performance (such as the ones mentioned above) and a display port connector adapter cable so that your GPU can communicate with your monitor correctly. Make sure not to buy any cables or adapters until after buying both components together because different GPU/Monitors may need specific cables like DVI or HDMI.