The Best GPU For 1440p 240hz monitors will depend on your budget. If you’re looking to build a high-end gaming rig, then the Nvidia RTX 3090 is likely the best choice since it can maintain a framerate of more than 120 frames per second on ultra-high graphics settings in many resource-intensive games and 240+ FPS if on low or medium settings. But if you’re working with a more modest budget and don’t care about performance quite as much, there are still some good options available.
However, since you have such a good monitor, we recommend you to get a good GPU since picking a good GPU is important to maximize your framerate and performance of your computer.
If you want to save money but still get decent performance, then it’s worth considering one of the RTX 3060/2060 series cards instead. They’ll work well with any 1440p monitor but we can’t promise that you’ll reach the desired 240 FPS to reach your monitors’ full performance potential, for that we really suggest at least an RTX 3070/3080/3090.
Top 5 Best GPU For 1440p 240Hz Monitors
|GPU||Our Opinion||Check Price|
|RTX 3090||Best graphics card in the market along with the best FPS / Price ratio.|
|RTX 3080||2nd best option no doubt.|
|RTX 3070||About 10% better than the 3060 TI according to our tests.|
|RTX 3060 TI||About 20% better than the 3060, we would 100% say this has to be the Best budget GPU. Cheap and high performance.|
|RTX 3060||Cheapest GPU we would recommend, anything less than this and it's too old / far weaker / not worth the investment.|
- Real boost clock: 1800 MHz; Memory detail: 24576 MB GDDR6X.
- Real-time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Triple HDB fans + 9 iCX3 thermal sensors offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- All-metal backplate & adjustable ARGB
- 3 year warranty & EVGA’s top notch technical support.
With 24576 MB of GDDR6X VRAM, and a real boost clock of 1800 MHz, this graphics card turns your realistic style games into something you’ve never seen before. RTX 3090 gives you the best gaming experience with its all-metal backplate and adjustable ARGB. This graphics card not only does it have an EVGA 3 year warranty, but also EVGA’s top notch technical support!
- Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: from NVIDIA The all-new Ampere SM carries 2X the FP32 throughput and increased power consumption as the foundation for the world’s fastest, most powerful GPU.
- RT Cores in the Second Generation: Experience twice the throughput of first-generation RT Cores, as well as concurrent RT and shading, for an entirely new level of ray tracing efficiency.
- Tensor Cores of the Third Generation
- With structural sparsity and specialized AI algorithms like DLSS, you can get up to 2X the throughput. These cores, which now support up to 8K resolution, provide a significant improvement in game performance as well as all-new AI capabilities.
- Dual Ball Fan Bearings have a lifespan that is up to double that of sleeve bearing designs. GPU Tweak II offers user-friendly performance tuning, thermal sensors, and processor tracking.
Nvidia’s RTX 3080 is the world’s fastest and most powerful GPU with twin Ampere streaming multiprocessors. Experience twice as many ray tracing cores, increased power consumption, RT Cores of the Second Generation, Tensor Cores of the Third Generation which can process up to 2x faster with structural sparsity and specialized AI algorithms like DLSS all contributing to a design that redefines mainstream graphics performance.
For less turbulence, the Axial-Tech Fan Design has been freshly tuned with a reversed central fan orientation.
The importance of choosing the right GPU for your monitor
– You need at least 144 FPS to get a decent experience. However, with a 240hz monitor, you want to aim for 240 FPS or more.
– If your graphics card can’t achieve the desired framerate then it’s pointless having such an expensive monitor as input lag will be considerably higher than on regular 60Hz monitors (this is something I found out first hand when playing PUBG). This will make it unplayable and quite disappointing.
Common mistakes people make when choosing the right GPU
– The framerate may be a limiting factor and the graphics card might not provide enough power to achieve your desired framerates.
– Some people forget about the monitor’s resolution which can also limit performance as it’ll need more GPU resources per frame if you’re gaming on 1440p 240hz monitors, for example.
One of the best GPU brands is Nvidia because they have cards with great thermal efficiency that run cooler than AMD counterparts but this doesn’t mean AMD isn’t worth considering (e.g RX 580). It all depends on how much money you want to spend and what type of gameplay experience you prefer.
How many frames per second will be enough at to take advantage of my 240hz monitor?
You need at least 144 FPS to get a decent experience. However, with a 240hz monitor, you want to aim for 240 FPS at least.
What is needed to get such high FPS?
A good CPU & GPU will be required to maximize your performance especially if you want to play top-tier game titles such as PUBG, Warzone, or Apex Legends (All 3 are hugely popular battle royale style shooters).