If you are a gamer, then you know the importance of picking the best graphics card for your monitor. You can’t just pick any old GPU and expect it to be good enough. The 4k 144Hz monitors require more power from their GPUs than standard 1080p 60Hz monitors do. In this blog post, we will list some of the best GPU for 4K 144hz monitors and discuss why these cards are so powerful.
The most powerful graphics cards that are best for high-end gaming and will allow you to reach 144FPS include the GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3080, and the RTX 3070. Other weaker GPUs most likely won’t be able to reach 144 FPS with a 4k monitor resolution.
If you want to save some money, you can go with the Nvidia RTX 3060 TI. This card is great for gaming on a 1080p monitor, but it will do just fine on a 4k 144hz monitor as well if you run on low graphic settings.
If you really don’t care about saving any money or spending much time researching different GPUs, I would say get an NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 so that you never have to worry about upgrading again!
Top 5 Best GPU For 4K 144hz Monitors
|GPU||Our Opinion||Check Price|
|RTX 3090||Best graphics card in the market along with the best FPS / Price ratio.|
|RTX 3080||2nd best option no doubt.|
|RTX 3070||About 10% better than the 3060 TI according to our tests.|
|RTX 3060 TI||About 20% better than the 3060, we would 100% say this has to be the Best budget GPU. Cheap and high performance.|
|RTX 3060||Cheapest GPU we would recommend, anything less than this and it's too old / far weaker / not worth the investment.|
- Real boost clock: 1800 MHz; Memory detail: 24576 MB GDDR6X.
- Real-time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Triple HDB fans + 9 iCX3 thermal sensors offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- All-metal backplate & adjustable ARGB
- 3 year warranty & EVGA’s top notch technical support.
When they created the RTX 3090, NVIDIA wasn’t messing around. With its cutting edge ray tracing capabilities coupled with an overclocked boost clock of 1800 MHz, 2560 CUDA Cores and 24576 MB GDDR6X this GPU is second to none.
In addition to all-metal backplate you get up to 60 percent more cooling efficiency thanks to 9 integrated sensors that optimize as well as monitor your PC’s key temperature zones for unmatched performance.
If all these power features are not enough then how about a 3 year warranty combined with EVGA’s top notch technical support. Someone (and it might be you) should definitely invest in the RTX 3090 today!
- Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: from NVIDIA The all-new Ampere SM carries 2X the FP32 throughput and increased power consumption as the foundation for the world’s fastest, most powerful GPU.
- RT Cores in the Second Generation: Experience twice the throughput of first-generation RT Cores, as well as concurrent RT and shading, for an entirely new level of ray tracing efficiency.
- Tensor Cores of the Third Generation
- With structural sparsity and specialized AI algorithms like DLSS, you can get up to 2X the throughput. These cores, which now support up to 8K resolution, provide a significant improvement in game performance as well as all-new AI capabilities.
- Dual Ball Fan Bearings have a lifespan that is up to double that of sleeve bearing designs. GPU Tweak II offers user-friendly performance tuning, thermal sensors, and processor tracking.
This latest innovation in graphics rendering offers 2x the performance of previous generations for the most powerful, realistic-looking games and CG movies. NVIDIA’s RTX 3080 also has enhanced Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors for blazingly fast multiprocessing, an all-new RT Cores with concurrent ray tracing to increase efficiency up to twice as much as first generation model and Tensor Cores that support 8K resolution with structural sparsity.
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture, with core clock speeds of 1500MHz and upgrade clock speeds of 1725MHz, helps satisfy the demands of challenging games.
- Memory for creating striking visual reality is provided by 8GB GDDR6 (256-bit) on-board memory, 5888 CUDA processing cores, and up to 448GB/sec memory bandwidth.
- PCI Express 4.0 gui – Compatible with a wide variety of applications. DisplayPort and HDMI outputs are also included for increased connectivity.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience enables you to capture and post images, screenshots, and livestreams with your colleagues. Keep your drivers up to date and your game settings optimized. It’s a must-have accessory for your GeForce graphics card.
RTX 3070 graphics cards offers one of the best methods for gaming and visual experience. This device comes with NVIDIA’s SLI compatibility, which enables it to harness multiple GPUs.
In addition, the core clock speeds are 1500MHz, and upgrade clock speeds are 1725MHz which satisfies intense gaming requirements. The RTX 30 70 also includes 8GB GDDR6 (256-bit) on-board memory and 5888 CUDA processing cores, providing an immersive experience when playing 3D games or watching 4K video content.
With PCI Express 4.0 GPU interface compatibility and DisplayPort/HDMI outputs available, this product is a must-have for gamers who want to enjoy high-definition visuals without any lag time in performance!
Understanding refresh rate and frame rates
When it comes to monitors, the refresh rate is an indicator of how many frames per second (FPS) a monitor can show.
The higher a monitor’s refresh rate, the more FPS that display will be able to keep up with and vice versa.
For example, if you’re playing on a 60Hz screen then your game will not look any smoother at 120fps because the monitor cannot display any FPS above 60.
Therefore, it’s important to have a high refresh rate monitor so that it allows you to see more frames per second (As long as you have a strong enough GPU to match the FPS requirements).
Benefits and Downsides of 144hz Monitors
+ Allows you to play games at a higher framerate without experiencing motion blur or ghosting.
+ Gives you an edge in competitive games when playing vs players that only have 60hz monitors
+ Better control over your game since it will be smoother
– Requires more powerful system components than 60Hz monitors. For example, if playing on a 144hz monitor then the graphics card should be able to produce 144fps in order for it not to look choppy and blurry.
– More expensive than standard 60 Hz displays.
Importance of picking a good graphics card for your gaming monitor
+ Ensures you can play at high FPS without any choppiness or blur. This is important for competitive gamers that need to be able to react faster than their opponents and have better control over the game.
– If your graphics card cannot keep up with the requirements needed then it will not produce a good experience, which could cause frustration by making gameplay look blurry during fast action sequences and where the timing of actions matters (e.g., first-person shooters) or adding input lag which might make playing games more difficult since inputs may feel delayed from when they are made on-screen vs in real life).