Video Editing in 6k is a power-hungry process, and the GPU (graphics card) takes the brunt of the load. If you are looking to do this type of work on your computer at home, then it is important that you get a powerful GPU. These cards will help you do more with less CPU usage, which reduces strain on other system components – like the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. This article provides a list of the 5 best GPU For 6k Video Editing based on performance benchmarks and price points!
The top-performing graphics card is the Nvidia RTX 3090 although it’s quite an expensive card, for a cheaper yet also extremely powerful alternative you could go with the RTX 3080.
The video editing process can be done quickly with this GPU because the memory bandwidth reaches 936 GB/s (gigabytes per second), so all assets are processed fast enough for smooth playback.
If you wish to save some money or are on a budget, the Nvidia RTX 3060 or RTX 3060 TI are both quite an affordable alternative.
The design of these 2 cards was created to handle tasks like video encoding or gaming at high resolutions, it’s still one of the best cards in the world while keeping a very respectable price with crazy price/performance ratios.
Top 5 Best GPU For 6k Video Editing
|GPU||Our Opinion||Check Price|
|RTX 3090||Best graphics card in the market along with the best FPS / Price ratio.|
|RTX 3080||2nd best option no doubt.|
|RTX 3070||About 10% better than the 3060 TI according to our tests.|
|RTX 3060 TI||About 20% better than the 3060, we would 100% say this has to be the Best budget GPU. Cheap and high performance.|
|RTX 3060||Cheapest GPU we would recommend, anything less than this and it's too old / far weaker / not worth the investment.|
- Real boost clock: 1800 MHz; Memory detail: 24576 MB GDDR6X.
- Real-time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Triple HDB fans + 9 iCX3 thermal sensors offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- All-metal backplate & adjustable ARGB
- 3 year warranty & EVGA’s top notch technical support.
Bring your games to life with the RTX 3090, a gaming graphics card designed for real-time ray tracing and blazing-fast performance.
Get the power game developers promised us at last year’s E3 conference with fully lit objects and environments, lifelike textures, shadows that react realistically to lighting – all rendered in stunning detail as you play. No other card can offer this level of immersion into your favorite computer games or allow you to be the architect of virtual worlds.
- Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: from NVIDIA The all-new Ampere SM carries 2X the FP32 throughput and increased power consumption as the foundation for the world’s fastest, most powerful GPU.
- RT Cores in the Second Generation: Experience twice the throughput of first-generation RT Cores, as well as concurrent RT and shading, for an entirely new level of ray tracing efficiency.
- Tensor Cores of the Third Generation
- With structural sparsity and specialized AI algorithms like DLSS, you can get up to 2X the throughput. These cores, which now support up to 8K resolution, provide a significant improvement in game performance as well as all-new AI capabilities.
- Dual Ball Fan Bearings have a lifespan that is up to double that of sleeve bearing designs. GPU Tweak II offers user-friendly performance tuning, thermal sensors, and processor tracking.
NVIDIA RTX 3080 is one of the best real-time raytracing graphic card. Lasso animations, watch sparks fly as fireworks light up the sky, illuminate a scene with realistic and dynamic lighting effects. Uncover your most secret fantasies with vivid Virtual Reality capabilities or explore new worlds such as tanks filled with zombies speeding at you.
Powered by three revolutionary generations of NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture—RT Cores achieve real-time ray tracing performance for next-gen games and pro visualization; Tensor Cores deliver an accelerated AI platform to take on demanding deep learning and high-performance computing; RTX 3080 boasts features such as Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors.
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture, with core clock speeds of 1500MHz and upgrade clock speeds of 1725MHz, helps satisfy the demands of challenging games.
- Memory for creating striking visual reality is provided by 8GB GDDR6 (256-bit) on-board memory, 5888 CUDA processing cores, and up to 448GB/sec memory bandwidth.
- PCI Express 4.0 gui – Compatible with a wide variety of applications. DisplayPort and HDMI outputs are also included for increased connectivity.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience enables you to capture and post images, screenshots, and livestreams with your colleagues. Keep your drivers up to date and your game settings optimized. It’s a must-have accessory for your GeForce graphics card.
Ready to take on the world’s most challenging video games?
The RTX 3070 is your best choice. High-speed memory and 8GB GDDR6 graphics allow for massive visual realism that produces some of the most striking scenery found in games today. Slowdowns or blinky screens won’t happen when are you using this card, thanks to its ability to maintain a constant 150w output power even when heated under extreme temperatures due to NVIDIA Ampere architecture.
Advantages of having a good graphics card
– The GPU has a lot of RAM, which means you can work on projects that require more memory.
– You get faster playback with the GPU because it handles all the assets quickly enough for smooth playback.
– It’s easier to edit and create videos without any lag or glitches due to its powerful performance.
Disadvantages of not having a good card:
Since there are no specific requirements for GPUs in video editing programs, your computer will be able to handle fewer tasks, will take longer to edit & it will also take longer to render the videos, depending on how much power it has.
What about the CPU & RAM are they as important as the graphics card?
It’s important for the CPU to be powerful, but it is not as essential for video editing because you will only need a minimal amount of processing power. The CPU becomes far more important when you start rendering your videos as it will start using a lot of CPU Power/Speed so if you can we do suggest getting a good CPU too.
What about RAM? What does that do for me when I’m video editing on my computer?
Your Computer’s RAM can also affect speed and performance when rendering videos, so be sure your computer has enough memory before purchasing a GPU or going into an intensive project.
What is it like to edit videos with a good card?
Editing videos on these cards is fast because of the power they have and there’s no lag or glitches during playback as well. This makes shooting long hours much easier than ever before. Plus rendering time will be faster too! Since the processing speed has increased significantly, it means users won’t experience any slowdowns when using programs such as Premier Pro CC or Final Cut X which might happen if their CPU isn’t powerful