The motherboard is one of the most essential pieces as it’s what unites every other hardware piece, and having a good motherboard ensures that you get every little bit of performance out of your CPU & GPU along with long-term safety. The issue with motherboards is picking the right one for you as there’s a large variety and their quality is difficult to tell without trying it for yourself, that’s where we come in!
Before going into the best motherboards for the I5 11600K, some info on the I5 11600K:
The I5 11600K is the new 11th gen CPU release by Intel and as usual, it’s a decent upgrade in terms of performance when compared to the previous generation. One of the most important features being that this new generation of CPUs finally supports up to 3200Mhz instead of 2666Mhz of the previous generations.
For you to get the most performance out of your I5 11600K you want a good motherboard that can keep up and push it forward, that’s what we’re here for.
Why should you trust our reviews/opinions?
Here at TechReviewTeam, we test every single motherboard before writing a detailed review on them. Unlike other websites, we don’t simply write reviews on products we’ve never tested, while others write reviews based on “theoretical performance” that the product SELLER ADVERTISES, we actually take our time to test the product we talk about & share the knowledge with you.
Our Top 6 List of The Best Motherboard For I5 11600K:
The Z590 being the high-end motherboards are obviously a bit more expensive but provide you with the most longevity, there’s a decent chance that they’ll also support the next generation of CPUs so nothing can beat the Z590’s in terms of longevity and quality. (The same way that the Z490’s can still be used with the new 11TH Gen CPU’s albeit you need to perform a BIOS Update).
The B560 are the 2nd best option as they were designed for this specific generation, they still provide decent performance and features although not quite as good as the Z590, the upside is that they’re also quite a bit cheaper. The Z490’s should never be acquired in our opinion as they were meant for the 10th gen and not 11th gen CPUs, while they still work with 11th gen, you need to update your BIOS for them to work.
Essentially, for your I5 11600K, unless you already got a Z490’s from last year’s CPUs, We suggest you go with either a Z590 or B560.
Top 2 Best Z590 Motherboards For The I5 11600K
As compared to all other motherboards, it has the most features overall, the best sound, allows secure overclocking, and if you do want to update your Processor to anything much more powerful in the future, as long as it’s 11th gen CPUs, this motherboard will comfortably accommodate it and pull out its full capacity.
With its intelligent design and high-efficiency engineering, the Maximus XIII Hero Z590 provides gamers-especially those who play demanding AAA or eSports titles-with a new level of gaming performance.
Featuring 11th Generation Intel Core processors, an advanced thermal design for CPU and VRM zone plus robust networking protocols, ROG Maximus XIII Hero is engineered to perform at the upper limits of even the most brutal gaming challenges.
The Strix is still the best-selling Z590 motherboard, owing to its low price in comparison to all of the fantastic features it offers. Although not being the fastest, like the ROG Maximus XIII, it is nevertheless competitive and outperforms the older Z490 motherboards.
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to improve the performance of Intel Core processors from the 11th generation.
- AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking, and AI Noise Cancellation are all included on the AI Motherboard.
- Efficient Solution: Though CPU output is driven to the maximum, 14+2 Dr. MOS power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes, and long-lasting capacitors provide dependable power.
- For enhanced thermal design, it uses the VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert 4 utility.
- High-performance gaming networking is provided by Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax) and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard.
- The style and color are awesome.
The ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming is designed to improve the performance of Intel Core processors from the 11th generation and runs with AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking, and AI Noise Cancellation for maximum CPU output.
For enhanced thermal design it uses a VRM heatsink along with PCH fanless heatsink so you don’t have to worry about cooling it down when executing those intense benchmarks or rendering video edits. It also has an M2 heatsink in addition to Fan Xpert 4 utility so you can use different fans at varying speeds depending on your needs – whether that be silence or attempting extreme overclocks on water-cooling setups.
Best B560 Motherboards:
If you’re going to buy a B560 motherboard, this is the one to get; otherwise, go for the Z590’s because the price is getting close to them. In terms of features and overall efficiency, the motherboard is still pretty good.
The Gigabyte B560 Aorus is your all-powerful gaming partner with the performance to take on any high bandwidth graphics. Designed for gamers, powered by Intel Core processors and dual channel DDR4 memory, you can game in style with up to 3 way crossfireX graphics or use the power of quad core CPU’s.
It features a fully covered thermal design that has high coverage MOSFET heatsinks and a shielded memory routing for better-overclocking capability.
The B560 steel legend, like many low-end boards, has a straightforward style. The PCB is black, with grey-colored diagonal patterns on the heatsinks.
There is one HDMI port, one DisplayPort 1.4 port, two USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C ports, four USB 3.2 Gen1 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and one PS/2 port for legacy hardware on the I/O line.
There are six SATA ports, two PCIe 3.0 M.2 slots, one PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot, and one PCIe 4.0 slot (for the graphics card). It has four DIMM slots with a combined capacity of 128 GB and a speed of up to 4800 MHz.
ASRock made some concessions here, such as no onboard WiFi, no multi-GPU support, and no reset/clear CMOS button.
Not to mention the small number of PCIe 4.0 lanes, which can be an issue if you intend to use several M.2 SSDs.
Since this is a B560 motherboard, Processor overclocking is better than on the B460 chipset, yet it is still restricted (the memory overclocking is excellent, though).
Step up your performance game with the Asrock B560 Steel Legend motherboard.
With Intel 11th generation Core processor socket, this motherboard doesn’t just provide exceptional functionality but also comes with built-in security updates, increased per-core efficiency, and supports DDR4 memory for an amazing personal computing experience.
With up to 128GB of memory at hand when you have a number of applications open or gaming on multiple screens, these large amounts will be allocated to relevant running programs so they run smoothly without any lag.
For fast access to data stored on flash drives or hard drives, two M.2 slots are on board and ready for deployment anytime you need them! You can also use the PCIe 4x graphics slot.
Best Z490 Motherboards:
The ROG Maximus, like the Z590’s, once again holds the top spot as the best motherboard, this time for the Z490’s. It outperforms every other motherboard, but it’s still very costly.
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to boost the performance of Intel Core processors starting from the 10th generation.
- Efficient Solution: Even when the CPU performance is pushed to its limits, the 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes, and long-lasting capacitors provide dependable power.
- Optimized Thermal Design: In addition to a comprehensive heatsink, Heatpipe, and fan headers, this model features low-noise AI cooling to balance thermals and acoustics by lowering fan speeds while preserving a 5 Celsius delta.
- The best gaming networking is provided by dual Ethernet with 5Gb and gigabit Ethernet, LANGaurd, dual M. 2, USB 3. 2 Gen 2, and Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802. 11 ax)
- Unrivaled gaming audio in the industry: The SupremeFX S1220A codec, DTS Sound Unbound, and Sonic Studio III provide high-fidelity audio that immerses you in the action.
- Unrivaled Customization: ASUS is the only company that offers Aura Sync RGB lighting, which includes RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers.
- A user-friendly aesthetic: Pre-installed features include an I/O shield, BIOS Flashback, Q-Code, and FlexKey.
This gaming Monster has Intel LGA 1200 CPU support, and a 14+2 power stage design. The best networking in gaming is ready to make your enemies afraid of you while playing Overwatch with your incredibly low ping & delay. With ASUS SupremeFX 2019 audio, you can hear every drop off those footsteps. This workhorse also boasts all the customization options that can allow it to be yours before any other gamer picks theirs up off store shelves.
Your value lies within your choice, and nothing says “I’m serious about my game” like a loaded ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490.
The MSI MPG Z490 is definitely the best Z490 motherboard for I5 11600k in terms of price; it’s really inexpensive for a motherboard of this quality, but it still falls short of some of the other choices we’ve given you.
- Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors from the 10th generation are supported for the LGA 1200 socket.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory is supported (4800MHz)
- The ASmedia 3241 USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 controller powers the Lightning USB 20G, which offers never-before-seen USB speeds of up to 20Gb/s from the Rear USB Type-C connector Dual Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield.
- Frozr supports ultra-fast SSDs with up to 32 GB/s transfer speeds.
- For comfort and protection from electrostatic discharge, on-board 2.5G LAN, as well as Gigabit LAN with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) I/O Shielding are pre-installed.
Gaming enthusiasts/functionality seekers rejoice! The MSI MPG Z490 is a performance gaming motherboard to meet all your needs.
Experience breathtaking, never-before-seen USB speeds thanks to the Rear USB Type-C connector. This powerful board also comes with M.2 support and SLI support, providing you optimal data transfer speeds and graphical power when it matters most.
Bringing comfort and protection from electrostatic discharge, on top of M DDR4 memory speed for high performance into one small package you’ll enjoy using every day.
For more than two decades, MSI has been at the forefront in creating new technological breakthroughs to make sure gamers get the best experience possible — this time is no different.
Can I overclock my I5 11600K with these motherboards?
The Z590 will allow you to overclock your CPU, safely and efficiently while keeping its longevity intact. The B560’s however, will not allow you to overclock the CPU, instead, they only allow you to overclock your RAM Memory.
Why not go for the cheapest motherboards on the market?
While the cheap prices may seem enticing at first, any motherboard cheaper than the B560 Steel Legend should not be an option, not only do they not allow overclocking but they also provide far less features & often limit the RAM Memory speed, along with possibly longevity issues if you’re a bit unlucky.