It’s no secret that the right video card can make or break a gaming experience. With so many different options on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is best for your needs. If you’re looking to build or upgrade a gaming PC with an I7 12700K or the I5 12600K, check out our list of the best GPUs for the job!
We’ve narrowed it down to six contenders based on price, performance, and overall value.
Not everyone has a massive budget, especially since the I7 12700K itself is already quite expensive, as such, we will include the best GPUs for performance (while having no bottlenecks) as well as the cheapest ones that you could use with the I7 12700K with little to no bottleneck issues.
Top 6 Best GPU For I7 12700K / I5 12600K
|GPU||Our Opinion||Check Price|
|RTX 3090||The RTX 3090 is an absolute monster and it should be no surprise to see it listed at the top as it would be the perfect pair in terms of performance with 0 bottleneck issues.|
|EVGA GeForce RTX 3080||Another great GPU, slight downgrade over the 3090, however, its performance is still insane when compared to other cheaper cards.|
|RTX 3070||About 10% better than the 3060 TI according to our tests.|
|RTX 3060 TI||About 20% better than the 3060, we would 100% say this has to be the Best budget GPU. Cheap and high performance.|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||Good GPU, no bottleneck & will last u for a good while|
|RTX 3060||Cheapest GPU we would recommend, anything less than this and it's too old / far weaker / not worth the investment.|
I would highly suggest you pick one of the graphics cards we’ve shown you above, any weaker graphics cards will bottleneck your CPU while gaming which is something you don’t want to happen, we’ll explain what a bottleneck is in the FAQ section of this article (generally at the end!).
When it comes to graphics cards, the NVIDIA RTX 3090 reigns supreme. With its leading position in both sales and performance for years now; there’s no surprise as this trend will continue even with new releases of powerful CPUs that are sure to be a hit among gamers looking up at least one card capable enough to handle any game they throw at them without issue.
The I7 12700K + RTX 3090 setup is significantly more expensive than some alternatives but if you have deep pockets then go ahead and want maximum performance then go ahead!
- The RTX 3090 is the perfect graphics card for gamers who demand the very best.
- Featuring a real boost clock of 1800 MHz, and 24576 MB GDDR6X memory, it provides truly hyper-realistic graphics that are unmatched by any other card on the market.
- With triple HDB fans and 9 iCX3 thermal sensors, it runs cooler and quieter than any other card in its class.
- Finally, its all-metal backplate and adjustable ARGB give you maximum control over your gaming experience.
If you’re on the hunt for a powerful graphics card but the 3090 is too expensive for you then the 3080 might be the best choice for you. The RTX 3080 may be weaker than its bigger brother but it’s still one of those cards that can last years without needing to upgrade or overclock in order to get up and running with modern gaming demands as well!
We would recommend this one for the I5 12600K.
- The RTX 3080 is the perfect card for gamers who want cutting-edge graphics and real-time ray tracing.
- With a boost clock of 1800 MHz and 10240 MB GDDR6X memory, this card delivers the performance you need to take your gaming experience to the next level.
- Thanks to triple HDB fans, the RTX 3080 stays cool and quiet even under heavy loads.
- With all-metal construction, customizable ARGB lighting, and a 3-year warranty, you can trust EVGA to provide quality products that stand the test of time.
This Graphics Card is amazing but also very expensive, as you can tell by its price. Obviously, this won’t be for everyone due to its price tag, we would still suggest the 3080 or the 3090 over this one, however, I know a lot of you prefer AMD over NVIDIA so this would be a good enough AMD option for you.
With this GPU you won’t be running into any bottleneck issues when paired with your CPU.
- It has a Game Clock of up to 2050 MHz and a Boost Clock of up to 2285 MHz, making it one of the most powerful cards on the market.
- Its external RGB LED synchronization feature looks stunning and allows you to synchronize your lighting with other compatible devices.
- It also offers video streaming up to 8K resolution and high performance 4K gaming. So if you’re looking for a top-of-the-line gaming experience, look no further than the Radeon RX 6900 XT.
The RTX 3070 is a great buy for anyone who doesn’t want to spend too much on their graphics card. The performance will be about equivalent with an I7 12700k in terms of bottleneck, which makes this one of the best 1440p/4K Gaming PCs in terms of value & performance that you can build at that price point and still get high frame rates in games without any lag or low FPS when playing competitively online against people running better computers than yourself – even if they have more powerful CPUs/GPUs!
- Introducing the RTX 3070, powered by NVIDIA’s new Ampere architecture and featuring 2nd Gen Ray Tracing cores and 3rd Gen Tensor cores.
- This card delivers a Boost Clock of 1755 MHz and boasts an ETH hash rate of 25 MH/s (estimated).
- The IceStorm 2.0 cooling system keeps your card running smoothly, while the FREEZE fan stop feature eliminates noise and conserves energy.
- The metal backplate ensures durability, and with DirectX 12 Ultimate, Vulkan RT API, OpenGL 4.6, and HDCP 2.3 support, this card is ready for anything.
The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is powered by the new NVIDIA Ampere architecture, delivering up to 2x the performance of previous-generation graphics cards.
Powered by ray tracing and AI cores, this card is designed for gamers who demand the best gaming experience.
The 8GB of GDDR6 memory ensures smooth gameplay at high resolutions and HDCP 2.3 allows for 4K streaming and playback.
VR Ready lets you experience immersive virtual reality games and applications. Metal backplate provides extra rigidity and cooling.
This graphics card would be the perfect choice in terms of value/performance when used along the I5 12600K.
The RTX 3060 is perfect for gamers who want the best gaming experience possible at a very cheap price. It has NVIDIA’s latest Ampere architecture, 2nd Gen Ray Tracing Cores, and 3rd Gen Tensor Cores, which all work together to create an incredibly realistic gaming experience.
Plus, it comes with 12GB of GDDR6 memory and a Boost Clock of 1807 MHz, so you’ll be able to play the most demanding games without any lag or slowdown.
And if that’s not enough, the RTX 3060 also features IceStorm 2.0 cooling technology, active fan control, freeze fan stop, and a metal backplate.
So whether you’re playing games, watching movies, or streaming content online, the RTX 3060 is likely a great choice if you’re on a very tight budget.
Should I overclock my GPU?
The RTX 3070,3080 and 3090 are powerful enough for an I7 12700K but if you have a weaker Graphics Card like the GTX 3060 Ti or any other card that is slower than those 3 then there will be some bottlenecking since your CPU can’t keep up with it. You should consider overclocking in order to get extra performance out of your current GPU.
If you have the I5 12600K then even the 3060 TI will be good enough without needing to overclock (although you could still do it to get some extra performance out of it since it still bottlenecks a tiny bit your CPU), if you have the 3060 then you should definitely overclock to reduce the bottleneck as much as possible.
For a tutorial on what OC’ing does for gaming we recommend you to read this guide.
Is the I7 12700K Good For Gaming?
Yes! The I7 12600k is one of the latest CPUs released in the market by Intel and as such is great for quite literally everything you can think of including gaming! It shouldn’t have any issues running all kinds of games at 1440p or even 4K while running at the highest graphics settings in the game.
As long as you have a strong GPU to match you will be perfectly fine!
Is the I5 12600K Good For Gaming?
The I5 12600K albeit weaker than the I7 counterpart is still amazing, in fact, most people regard the I5’s as the perfect CPUs for gaming since the hyper threading benefits from I7 CPUs isn’t yet used nearly as often as we’d like in games as such in terms of value & performance ratio, arguably, I5’s are the kings. But again, you need a strong graphics card to match its power. If you have a good CPU/GPU Combo you’ll be fine running any game in the market for quite a few years even at higher resolutions like 1440p/4k gaming.